How do I clear cache in FF?
How do I clear the cache in FF without losing all my saved login passwords? I'd prefer to have FF clear the cache upon exiting FF. I have unchecked to box to clear data & passwords, but still I lose my passwords.
Additional System Details
- -Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 126.96.36.199
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2
add-ons: Java & WebDeveloper
Websites remembering you and automatically log you in is stored in a cookie that you must allow: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Exceptions" Make sure that you do not use Remove recent browsing, search and download history to clear the 'Cookies' and the 'Site Preferences'.
I'm not asking about "automatically log you in". I just want the passwords to be retained when the cache is cleared. Then I can log in quickly (not automatically).
According to Saleforce, I need to reset the cache for my company org to load at a respectable speed - right now it is painfully slow at http://www.amusementequipmentdirectory.com
Can you clear your cache without losing all the remembered passwords? This is most important. Thank You.
Tools > Clear Recent History... - hit Details and make sure only Cache is selected, then select Everything and hit the Clear Now button.