Firefox 3.X hangs on Dell 512MB Latitude running WinXP. Has this been fixed in the latest version?
When I first tried to upgrade to Firefox 3.X, the browser would hang and never load pages. I then downgraded to ver. 2.X. I am running a Dell Latitude 512MB with Win XP Pro and AVG Antivirus package. Will the latest version of Firefox solve my problem????...
Every time Firefox opened
== I upgraded to version 3 from version 2
Additional System Details
- -Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Default Plug-in
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Mozilla ActiveX control and plugin module
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_05 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/18.104.22.168 GTB7.0
Adblock; NoScript, PDF Download, Goggle Toolbar, IETab, AVG Safe Search, Adobe DLM, Morning Coffee, Kodak Easy Share Gallery Companion, Tab Mix Plus, Talkback, VideoDownloader
You may be having a problem with some extension or plugin that is hindering your Firefox's normal behavior. Have you tried disabling all add-ons (just to check), to see if Firefox goes back to normal?
In any case, I will remind you that the version of Firefox you are using at the moment as been discontinued and is no longer supported. Furthermore, it has known bugs and security problems. I urge you to update to the latest version of Firefox, for maximum stability, performance, security and usability. You can get it for free, as always, at www.getfirefox.com.
A possible cause is security software (firewall) that blocks or restricts Firefox without informing you about that, maybe after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program. Remove all rules for Firefox from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox.