Removinf F7 function
I don't use the caret bousing and since I don't know what affect the F7 kay has on other programs I would like to remove that function from Firefox. Can that be done?
Additional System Details
- -Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- Allows web pages to exchange data with Garmin GPS Devices
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- View PDF documents within your web browser.
- Plugin that plays RealMedia content
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1.1
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/2009060214 Firefox/3.0.11
If you mean Private Browsing, there is not a way to disable it. Sorry
Thanks Moses Firefox Support
You can update to Firefox 3.6. http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html
In Firefox 3.6 and newer versions you can disable the F7 shortcut that toggles caret browsing by setting the pref accessibility.browsewithcaret_shortcut.enabled to false on the about:config page.
To open the about:config page, type about:config in the location (address) bar and press the Enter key, just like you type the url of a website to open a website. If you see a warning then you can confirm that you want to access that page.
I updated to 3.6. (when 3.0 Firefox said that I was up to date.) I type in "about:config page, type about:config " and in the address box appeared "accessibility.browsewithcaret_shortcut.enabled to:true"
-I changed true to false but then what? -Now I can't duplicate what I did.
Scratch that. I tried again and this time it came back with false. I don't know what is going on but now I have the latest version and with your help I may have even accomplished what I wanted to