Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

Attempted upgrade to 3.0.19, failed and deleted the .exe. Have downloaded 3.6.3, can I install over old, retain old profiles?

AnonymousUser

I received msgs that my version was not supported, to upgrade to 3.0.19. The upgrade failed and deleteda the old Firefox.exe; now no browser. I downloaded the 3.6.3, can I install over the older, corrupted version and use my old profiles?

User Agent

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

I received msgs that my version was not supported, to upgrade to 3.0.19. The upgrade failed and deleteda the old Firefox.exe; now no browser. I downloaded the 3.6.3, can I install over the older, corrupted version and use my old profiles? == User Agent == Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

All Replies (1)

Chosen Solution

Yes, just install it. It should find and use your current Profile.