After I install firefox can I remove Internet Explorer? It slows my computer down.
I have been told I should get rid of the Internet Explorer and load Firefox...Can the Internet Explorer be uninstalled and still get online?
Additional System Details
- -3DVIA Player (220.127.116.11). For more information, visit the 3DVIA Player web site.
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Default Plug-in
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Picasa plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Allows browsing on RealArcade sites with Mozilla browsers.
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
yahoo toolbar, search extension helper, real player browser, Norton toolbar, Norton safety minder, Norton IPS, Microsoft.NET Framework Assistant, Big Fish Games Toolbar, ALOT Toolbar, AIM toolbar
Internet Explorer and Firefox can happily coexist on your computer. You don't need to get rid of Internet Explorer.
I knew that they could coexist, was just curious as to whether or not I could remove the Internet Explorer..Thank you
I would not remove the Internet Explorer as some programs hard code it's use to get information from the web. I know that Intuit does this for their software.