How do I download the latest version of Firefox for Xandros desktop operating system version 4?
I am new to linux. How do I download and install the latest version of firefox. I have Xandros Desktop home edition premium, version 4. Please give step by step instructions on how to do this. Thanks for any help.
Additional System Details
- -Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0_06
- The demo print plugin for unix.
- Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible version 0.4.0.626 built with gcc 3.3.4 on Jul 26 2007
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r31
- The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files from within the browser.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20070723 Firefox/126.96.36.199 (Debian-188.8.131.52-1xandros1)
That is a fairly old version of Linux, it might not meet Firefox System Requirements for a Firefox 3+ version.
I had to update the GTK package in the version of Xandros that came with my eeePC netbook before installing Firefox 3.
I used these steps to install Firefox 6.0 on my eeepc (I've got Xandros on mine): 1. Close Firefox. Nothing else should be open.
2. Hold <Ctrl> and <Alt> and press the <T> key to open a Terminal / Console, and enter the following command:
sudo bash install_firefox.sh
5. Wait until done (at this point you will have installed Firefox version 3.0.1; you can continue now to install the very latest version)
6. Again in the Terminal / Console, enter
7. Once in Firefox, select Help »> Check for Updates…
8. After everything is done. Close Firefox and the terminal window.
9. Now, you'll have the 3.0.1 version on your pc. I checked for updates till my Firefox gets the version 6.0. It worked fine.
Sorry my bad English! I hope it helps you. Good luck!