Disappearing icons on toolbar. How do i get them back?
My icons on the toolbar keep disappearing. I can still click the button but the pictures have gone. When this happens other websites such as Facebook and Google lose their icons too. Why does this happen and how can i get them back? Do i need to update my firefox?
Every time Firefox opened
== I updated my firefox
Additional System Details
- -My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Hotbar Firefox Plugin
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- BBC iPlayer Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_11 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 GTB7.0 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
No, your Firefox is up to date. This is either a bug, or something has gone wrong with your installation of Firefox. I suggest you try to run Firefox in safe mode to see if you still have the same issue. If you do, try disabling one extension at a time to see which one is causing the issue. Once you find it, disable it for good and contact its author for support.
If safe mode has the same issue (or if disabling extensions doesn't help), please say so.
Do you mean bookmarks on the Bookmarks Toolbar or icons on other toolbars like the Navigation Toolbar?
If the favicons from bookmarks disappear then make sure that you are not in Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history mode and use Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox to clear the Browser Cache. You are in Private Browsing mode if you see "Tools > Stop Private Browsing".
I have the exact same problem on Windows 7 Home Premium x64. A reinstall of Firefox and Thunderbird brings them back, but after a while, they go away again.
Private Browsing and Clearing Recent History does nothing to change it. Attached is a screen shot of the Start Menu, but it happens on the taskbar and in folders.
also running FF 3.6.3 under XP
This happens to me too but in the Bookmarks Toolbar. Out of 15 or so Favicons I have on the Bookmarks Toolbar four or five disappear (pictures are gone but gray outline still remains with text, see accompanying pictures) each time I close Firefox 3.6.3 in Windows XP. If I visit the site the favicon pictures are restored, until I close the Firefox. Any suggestions. Thanks.
a.png: Disappeared favicons with gray outline along with non disappearing favicons b.png: Restored favicons after visiting all the sites.
My browser is showing text where the icon and text was. So I went to View -Toolbars- then customize and under this box that is brought up. AT the bottom click show and pick icons and text.