Changing navigation tool bar search engine?
I had the navigation toolbar search engine set as google but now it is using AOL as the search engine how do I change this?
Not sure how often
== Not sure
Additional System Details
- -Cooliris embedded in a tab
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.2
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX® Content Upload Plugin
- Picasa plugin
- Reader Library Helper Plugin
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
1. Find drop-down on the left of the navigation toolbar search engine;
2. Click it;
3. Click "Manage Search engines..." at the bottom of the list;
4. Find Google in the window "Manage List of Search Engines" which opens;
5. Click it;
6. Click button "Move up" until it becomes grey/disabled;
7. Google should be now at the top of the list, ie. default search engine.
8. Click "OK" (the window "Manage List of Search Engines" closes).
9. Each time you want to change the search engine to search with, click the drop-down menu and select the needed search engine.
10. Firefox will remember the last search engine you have selected for a looong time. Firefox rarely changes search engine by itself, except for switching to the default engine.
Does it help you?
How do you change the default settings in the Navigation toolbar?
I went through this process twice. Google is set at the top of my list, but yahoo search remains as the default search engine.