Sound does not work, Again.
This has happened before where the sound has not worked in firefox, I forget what fixed it last time. But I have updated Flash, Uninstalled then re installed Firefix, I've tried the mixer thing. (it says sound does not work in Firefox) Can someone please help, I'm not getting sound on my itunes either.
Every time Firefox opened
== few days ago
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
No Sound Vista Users: Do you see the Firefox application in the Mixer if you visit a website that has sound? You can click the Volume icon on the Windows Taskbar near the clock and click the Mixer link at the bottom to open the mixer.
Other Issues: to correct security/stability issues
Update Java: your version 1.6.0; current version 220.127.116.11 (important security update 04-15-2010) (Windows users: Do the manual update; very easy.) See: Updating Java Do the update with Firefox closed.
Install/Update Adobe Flash Player for Firefox: your version 10.0 r12; current version 10.0 r45 See: Updating Flash -download and SAVE to your hard drive (save to Desktop for easy access) -exit Firefox (File > Exit) -double-click on the Adobe Flash installer you just downloaded to install it -when the Flash installation is complete, start Firefox, and test the Flash installation here: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15507&sliceId=1
- NOTE: On Vista and Windows 7 you may need to run the plugin installer as Administrator by starting the installer via the right-click context menu if you do not get an UAC prompt to ask for permission to continue (i.e nothing seems to happen). See this: http://vistasupport.mvps.org/run_as_administrator.htm
- NOTE for IE: Firefox and most other browsers use a Plugin. IE uses an ActiveX version of Flash. To install the IE ActiveX Adobe Flash Player, same instructions as above, except use IE to download the ActiveX Flash installer.