How do I change download directory in firefox mobile. That is I would like to download files to a directory other than what firefox mobile wants to download to.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Not supported in 1.0
You might be able to use about:config to set some preference to change the location, but it would be tedious.
I would like exact directions for this on n810 as well!
I do have a support question in on this so will report if I get an answer.
For linux-type file systems, you would do the following:
- open about:config
- set "browser.download.folderList" = 2 (use a custom folder)
- set "browser.download.dir" = "/path/to/folder"
You might need to add the "browser.download.dir" preference, which is hard through Fennec. The pref is a string and is platform specific. Windows-type systems would use a different format.
You are correct, there is no browser.download.dir listed and I do not feel comfortable even thinking of winging it.
Will wait to hear from Mozilla support.
In case you haven't heard back, here's how to add the preference. You can do this from the command line or using the midnight commander file manager. 0. Close firefox.
1. go to /home/user/.mozilla/firefox/
2. find the directory ending in .default. This is your profile and will be a mix of letters and numbers.
3. Edit the file "prefs.js", adding the following line to the bottom:
user_pref("browser.download.dir", "/path/to/dir/ ");
replacing the path with whatever directory you want. Make absolutely sure you have no typos, then save and exit.
4. Confirm in about:config. When I checked, it was still the default, but the .dir value appeared and could be changed. Not sure if this always happens.
This is on an n810. Hope it helps.
For the n900 with Firefox 1.1 you don't need to do any file editing just head to the about:config page and add the new browser.download.dir as a string with the /path/to/folder/ and change the browser.download.folderlist preference as Mark suggested.
Hopefully for the next release we'll be able to have an option to save each file to a different location.
How do I upgrade my browser to access my bank of america online mobile account to my Sprint Samsung Instinct phone?