Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Missing a bunch of info in my account.

just ine

I added Firefox to my new laptop and needed to reset my password to login. I recognize a few of my old bookmarks at the top but all of my passwords and login information is gone and none of my old devices are showing up. I have never encountered this issue before, please help.

I added Firefox to my new laptop and needed to reset my password to login. I recognize a few of my old bookmarks at the top but all of my passwords and login information is gone and none of my old devices are showing up. I have never encountered this issue before, please help.

All Replies (4)

Hello,

First, check if you have enabled syncing for passwords. To enable this, go to menu > and click your mozilla account. After that, click sync settings, and make sure that "logins and passwords" is saved.

Next, you can force a manual re-sync by first clicking your profile/account icon, then click the "sync now" button. Alternatively, you can sign out, then in to do the same thing.

Lastly, if you still have your old computer, you can manually move the logins.json and key4.db files to your new computer manually, if resyncing fails. To go to your firefox profile folder, go to about:profiles, and then click "open folder".

I made sure sync is on. I added the app to my phone which I don't usually use and I see a bunch of saved passwords and usernames on there, I hope those are the same ones I am missing, . I do not want to connect the mobile to the computer in case it erases all of them on the phone as well. I have my old computer but there is something wrong with it which is why I got a new one. I am going to try the about:profile thing and if that does not work I guess I will have to use the phone to manually log into everything on the computer and hope that this does not happen again. Thank you.

I cant do that about profile thing because my old computer wont let me get that far, I cant even login to windows. Do you think if I were to try signing into my firefox account on a different computer and syncing everything it might work, or would it sync just the information that is showing up here, which is the 2 passwords I have saved since I first changed the password and logged in. I find it weird that it might be working on my phone, I don't understand how there are 2 different versions of the account, or profile. You can probably tell from my responses that I am way out of my element here, sorry.

Could it be that I usually would get firefox from the microsoft store and this time I got the desktop version? Can I just erase the desktop version and then get the microsoft store one instead?

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.