Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

I've been getting access denied from more websites

damndude

I've been getting access denied from more and more websites. I messaged a manager from the website shown below, who said my browser was not up to date. I update my Firefox browser when it asks. I did it yesterday, but still got this message today. I haven't updated my macOS because I have been keeping some old software alive. That is no longer necessary. I am now running macOS Mojave version 10.14.6. I can upgrade to macOS Monterey version 12. Is it worth making this update? Will this solve my access denied issue from certain websites? Is there another way to fix this problem?"

I've been getting access denied from more and more websites. I messaged a manager from the website shown below, who said my browser was not up to date. I update my Firefox browser when it asks. I did it yesterday, but still got this message today. I haven't updated my macOS because I have been keeping some old software alive. That is no longer necessary. I am now running macOS Mojave version 10.14.6. I can upgrade to macOS Monterey version 12. Is it worth making this update? Will this solve my access denied issue from certain websites? Is there another way to fix this problem?"
Attached screenshots

All Replies (5)

Bonjour

For information Firefox release calendar https://whattrainisitnow.com/calendar https://whattrainisitnow.com/release/?version=esr

To complement, a similar discussion thread https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1607450

Firefox 115 Sorry, you have been blocked.

A test, just to see.

Below, an experience with Responsive Design Mode https://firefox-source-docs.mozilla.org/devtools-user/responsive_design_mode User Agent String

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:157.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/157.0

What is my User Agent? https://www.whatismybrowser.com/detect/what-is-my-user-agent

Yes, if you're able to upgrade to Monterey I'd absolutely recommend planning on doing that in the not–so–long–term, as the security support for your current legacy Firefox will end in less than six months — whereas updating your macOS will give you compatibility with the current releases and support for years to come.

Thank you for helping me understand the access issue. So why am I having access issues if Mojave is supported for six more months? When Firefox offers me updates now, are they not really updating? Will I still have access issues if I upgrade to Monterey?

Best regards

Firefox 115.0 ESR is based on the old Firefox 115.0 Release (July 4, 2023) but with security/stability fixes since. Many websites may be updated to work with more current versions of Firefox and not work so well with older versions.

The last planned update for the older Firefox 115 ESR channel is in March 2027 unless Mozilla decides to extend updates yet again. At least Mozilla is still supporting the EOL Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 for a while still as Chrome/Chromium based browsers dropped support way back in Jan/Feb 2023.

If your hardware allows for a macOS update to macOS 10.15 (ten.fifteen) or later then you would be able to run Firefox 116.0 or later including the current Fx 157.0 Release and current FX 153.4.0 ESR.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-users-macos-1012-1013-1014-moving-to-extended-support

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.