Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved

Version 157.0 tabs and sidebar don't hide

Our Public Posts

I just updated to Firefox Version 157.0 and set up vertical tabs on the left side and love it. I also have "Hide tabs and sidebar" clicked which I assumed would hike the sidebar until I moved my cursor to the left. That doesn't happen. The icons for the various tabs remain displayed. Am I wrong to assume that this setting means the sidebar will be hidden until the cursor is moved to this area?

Thanks for your input.

I just updated to Firefox Version 157.0 and set up vertical tabs on the left side and love it. I also have "Hide tabs and sidebar" clicked which I assumed would hike the sidebar until I moved my cursor to the left. That doesn't happen. The icons for the various tabs remain displayed. Am I wrong to assume that this setting means the sidebar will be hidden until the cursor is moved to this area? Thanks for your input.
Attached screenshots

All Replies (1)

Chosen Solution

Question solved - I now realize that you must click the top left icon "Hide sidebar" to open and close it.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.