Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

removing malicious certificate that is blocking mail

bbrace

I can't find the certificate in order to delete/distrust it. Its name is my mail server. Organization: Lumen Technologies, Monroe, Louisiana

Subject Name Country US State/ProvinceLouisiana LocalityMonroe Organization Common Name Lumen Technologies, Inc. mail.centurylink.net Issuer Name Country Organization Common Name US DigiCert Inc DigiCert Global G2 TLS RSA SHA256 2020 CA1 Validity Not BeforeWed, 27 Aug 2025 00:00:00 GMT Not AfterSun, 27 Sep 2026 23:59:59 GMT

I can't find the certificate in order to delete/distrust it. Its name is my mail server. Organization: Lumen Technologies, Monroe, Louisiana Subject Name Country US State/ProvinceLouisiana LocalityMonroe Organization Common Name Lumen Technologies, Inc. mail.centurylink.net Issuer Name Country Organization Common Name US DigiCert Inc DigiCert Global G2 TLS RSA SHA256 2020 CA1 Validity Not BeforeWed, 27 Aug 2025 00:00:00 GMT Not AfterSun, 27 Sep 2026 23:59:59 GMT

All Replies (1)

What makes you think it is malicious? I would expect it to be a normal part of the chin of trust used to encrypt communications across the internet.

Seriously I am asking this question because I really doubt a certificate issued by DigiCert would be malicious in this instance, especially as they also provide the encryption certificate for the Centurylink.net website. So they are the chosen provider for century link, or lumen technologies as they are now known,

It is probably not "stored" locally as the server will offer it when you attempt to connect and based on the issuing authority it will be automatically trusted by Thunderbird based on a chain of trust where digicert is a certifying authority.

I think you might need to actually explain what the issue is because I doubt the certificate is the real issue.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.