Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

thunderbird inbox messages suddenly in strange font

J Graves

Suddenly today, about 1/2 to 2/3 of the emails that have been in my inbox are unreadable (see font below). I tried doing the Properties>Repair but no change.

Server Type: Owl Server Name: outlook.office365.com Thunderbird: 115.3.1 Windows 11 PC.

Perhaps related or not: today the Inbox folder didn't display in its usual location (instead of displaying directly under the email address, it was was down after templates, deleted, etc). I dragged it up where I wanted it. But now many of the emails are unreadable (but not all of them).

Any suggestions?

@ØEãC¼Ò@bŒæ¬Ò@È:ðÇ”Ò @"÷HjÒ @Oß™ñ\Ò@Cêç1LÒ@&ýUm6Ò@8ÑÖÒ@1M›îÑ@®¶ÌØÑ@n1ãʪÑÀÊ:qzŒÑÀ!1?€ŠÑ Àeð2–ˆÑ À#þ÷â~Ñ À…6 evÑ ÀPíRdjÑ À†*ߣ`Ñ À· 9TÑ ÀNÁwJÑÀÖƒ(ˆ>ÑÀý¸ú:ÑÀ¢ë÷s8ÑÀ¨Ò‹Ä4ÑÀ\%Ìå.Ñ À{,¡*Ñ ÀeËâÕ"ÑÀÔ&RÑÀmÃM‰þÐÀ¯ù´æÐ Àý ˆ<æÐÀ;d·ØÐÀÉ(?qÔÐ À$¨Q~¶Ð À~×ïU®Ð À"¾x¦Ð À<Á~§žÐÀ„ÙEÙ”ÐÀIÐ ÀÈy‰ zÐÀ‡Ä{pjÐ À9ÒhÐ

Suddenly today, about 1/2 to 2/3 of the emails that have been in my inbox are unreadable (see font below). I tried doing the Properties>Repair but no change. Server Type: Owl Server Name: outlook.office365.com Thunderbird: 115.3.1 Windows 11 PC. Perhaps related or not: today the Inbox folder didn't display in its usual location (instead of displaying directly under the email address, it was was down after templates, deleted, etc). I dragged it up where I wanted it. But now many of the emails are unreadable (but not all of them). Any suggestions? @ØEãC¼Ò@bŒæ¬Ò@È:ðÇ”Ò @"÷HjÒ @Oß™ñ\Ò@Cêç1LÒ@&ýUm6Ò@8ÑÖÒ@1M›îÑ@®¶ÌØÑ@n1ãʪÑÀÊ:qzŒÑÀ!1?€ŠÑ Àeð2–ˆÑ À#þ÷â~Ñ À…6 evÑ ÀPíRdjÑ À†*ߣ`Ñ À· 9TÑ ÀNÁwJÑÀÖƒ(ˆ>ÑÀý¸ú:ÑÀ¢ë÷s8ÑÀ¨Ò‹Ä4ÑÀ\%Ìå.Ñ À{,¡*Ñ ÀeËâÕ"ÑÀÔ&RÑÀmÃM‰þÐÀ¯ù´æÐ Àý ˆ<æÐÀ;d·ØÐÀÉ(?qÔÐ À$¨Q~¶Ð À~×ïU®Ð À"¾x¦Ð À<Á~§žÐÀ„ÙEÙ”ÐÀIÐ ÀÈy‰ zÐÀ‡Ä{pjÐ À9ÒhÐ

All Replies (1)

Well, first verify that you have View>Headers>Normal . That's all I can suggest.