Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Installing Thunderbird pre 115

Soapy

I can't get on with Thunderbird 115 so want to install an earlier version. I have installed 102, but it asks for my school or work account log in, which I don't have. How do I achieve what I want, and stop thunderbird updating to 115. I need a quick answer as I have just made a donation to you, and if I can't have what I want I will ask for my donation back.

Watson.

I can't get on with Thunderbird 115 so want to install an earlier version. I have installed 102, but it asks for my school or work account log in, which I don't have. How do I achieve what I want, and stop thunderbird updating to 115. I need a quick answer as I have just made a donation to you, and if I can't have what I want I will ask for my donation back. Watson.

All Replies (1)

In Settings>General you can specify to not automatically install updates. Thunderbird does not ask for account information unless you previously set the account up. Thunderbird is just a messenger, reporting back to the user the requests being received from the server.