Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Error Message "Thunderbird FAILED to find the settings for your email account"

mdeponte979

I have my email already pointing to Thunderbird for the past 10 years. It grabbed all of my emails and folders without issues all that time despite changing domain hosting companies 3 times over the past. BUT now Thunderbird can NOT find my existing email since I switched domain servers from Hostgator to Hostinger. I follow the steps thunderbird says to do (which should be simple because it is the email and password) But "this time" I get the error message "Thunderbird FAILED to find the settings for your email account"

I have my email already pointing to Thunderbird for the past 10 years. It grabbed all of my emails and folders without issues all that time despite changing domain hosting companies 3 times over the past. BUT now Thunderbird can NOT find my existing email since I switched domain servers from Hostgator to Hostinger. I follow the steps thunderbird says to do (which should be simple because it is the email and password) But "this time" I get the error message "Thunderbird FAILED to find the settings for your email account"

All Replies (1)