Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

How do I stop "THREADING" on ALL Folders

Chicks_Hate_Me

I NEVER used Threading, but after the latest updates ALL my folders are now THREADED. I HATE Threading and the ONLY way I've found to disable Threading is go to EACH Folder and select VIEW-SORT-UNTREADED.

That is insane because I have MANY accounts and MANY folders within.

Is there any way to disable Threading and switch to UNTHREADED without going folder by folder?

I NEVER used Threading, but after the latest updates ALL my folders are now THREADED. I HATE Threading and the ONLY way I've found to disable Threading is go to EACH Folder and select VIEW-SORT-UNTREADED. That is insane because I have MANY accounts and MANY folders within. Is there any way to disable Threading and switch to UNTHREADED without going folder by folder?

All Replies (3)

Doesn't View > Sort by .. > Unthreaded do it?

@Wisewiz - As I mentioned, it does, but I'd have to go to EACH folder to switch them to Unthreaded.

I have too many folders. Looking for a simpler way. Maybe a setting to disable all threading.

If I right-click on an account name (e.g., johndoe@gmail.com) or on Local Folders and choose Compact, I think that compacts all folders in that category. Give it a try.

Modified by Wisewiz