Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
This thread was closed and archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Solved Locked Archived

Email offline

SuMo Bot

When I use Outlook once the email has been downloaded it remains in Outlook even if I delete the email on the web server. When I use Thunderbird however, even though I have downloaded the message, when I delete from the web server it deletes the email in Thunderbird as well? How can I get around this please? Any ideas?

When I use Outlook once the email has been downloaded it remains in Outlook even if I delete the email on the web server. When I use Thunderbird however, even though I have downloaded the message, when I delete from the web server it deletes the email in Thunderbird as well? How can I get around this please? Any ideas?

All Replies (2)

Chosen Solution

Thunderbird accurately reflects the account. If IMAP, then it reflects on your PC what is on the server. Delete from one and it deletes from the other. That is a virtue. if you want to download and keep, but delete from server, then copy downloaded message to local folders before deleting.

Many thanks David. My emails are now safely saved locally.

This question has been locked because the original author has deleted their account. While you can no longer post new replies, the existing content remains available for reference.