Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

How can I make a new address group from the cc addresses in an e-mail

ramasaig

I've recently joined a committee which has about thirty members. They frequently e-mail eachother, and all their addresses appear on each e-mail (all too often in the 'to' box, I have to say). I've managed to shift them all into the cc box, but I would like to be able to combine them into an address book group. I've tried copying them out of the cc box, but that doesn't seem to work (because I can't select them all simultaneously). Is there a way to do this withot having to copy each address individually into a new address book group? Regards, Tim Dawson

I've recently joined a committee which has about thirty members. They frequently e-mail eachother, and all their addresses appear on each e-mail (all too often in the 'to' box, I have to say). I've managed to shift them all into the cc box, but I would like to be able to combine them into an address book group. I've tried copying them out of the cc box, but that doesn't seem to work (because I can't select them all simultaneously). Is there a way to do this withot having to copy each address individually into a new address book group? Regards, Tim Dawson

All Replies (2)

First of you'll have to save all correspondents email addresses into an address book. Then follow the instructions in the article as per option 2. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-create-and-use-mailing-lists-thunderbird

Thank you. I realise I could do it that way, but I rather hoped there would be a shortcut. If not, I'll just have to do it the hard way.