Browser crashing nonstop on iOS
The browser started continuously crashing a few days ago. When I reopen the app, a message pops up that says it crashed and wants to know if I want to reopen all of my tabs or not. The app will almost immediately crash again. Sometimes there’s enough time to hit yes or no on request to reopen the tabs. Regardless of what one is pressed, the app almost immediately crashes once more. I checked the app, and realized I was using 107.0 instead of the most current 107.2 app. I updated the app, and I made sure I was using the most current iOS as well. I’ve restarted my phone. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app, but to no avail. Is anyone else experiencing these issues? Please help?
All Replies (1)
I am sorry to hear that Firefox for iOS is crashing. I hope that we can help resolve this for you. Before following the steps below, please make sure that you have updated both your iOS device and Firefox for iOS to the latest versions available.
As a first step, close down many of the tabs that you have open to as few as possible. Does this help reduce the incidence of a crash?
If this does not help, open the iOS Settings app, find Firefox and select Clear History and Website Data. Does this help?
Failing that, we will need to look into this in more detail with some logs from inside your copy of Firefox for iOS:
- Launch Firefox.
- Open Settings.
- Scroll down to Version and tap it several times.
- Scroll down and hit "Debug: copy log files to app container". This triggers the logs to be saved into the Documents folder.
- Open the Files App on your iOS device and navigate to Fennec > Logs. You can see the different logs files here, which you can export using the share menu from Apple to a desktop computer.
- Open the file and replace any email address with XXXXXXXXX - and keep a copy of this report.
- Copy and past the full report into https://paste.mozilla.org/, setting the two options at the top to Plain Text and Expire in one week.
- Select Paste Snippet on the right hand side, then copy and past the link into a reply to this thread.
I hope that this helps.