Constant crashing, freezing or just running slow on MZ F
In the last few weeks, despite regular updates Firefox constantly crashes, freezes, or works very slowly compared to my previous experience.
What to do?
All Replies (7)
Please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash.
The crash report is several pages of data. We need the report numbers to see the whole report.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A list of Submitted/Unsubmitted Crash Reports will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Submitted Report IDs that start with bp- and then go back to your forum question and paste those IDs into the "Post a Reply" box.
Note: If a recent Report ID does not start with bp- click on it to submit the report.
(Please don't take a screenshot of your crashes, just copy and paste the IDs. The below image is just an example of what your Firefox screen should look like.)
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox crashes (closing or quitting unexpectedly) article.
Thanks for getting in touch. I followed your instruction:
Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter.
Nothing happened. No list. Nothing at all.
Just to be clear this issue is happening on an Iphone using Firefox.
What next please?
Oh, this is a desktop firefox section.
No its on an Iphone.
I'll ask moderator to move your question to an iphone section.
I am sorry to hear that Firefox for iOS is crashing. I hope that we can help resolve this for you. Before following the steps below, please make sure that you have updated both your iOS device and Firefox for iOS to the latest versions available.
As a first step, close down many of the tabs that you have open to as few as possible. Does this help reduce the incidence of a crash?
If this does not help, open the iOS Settings app, find Firefox and select Clear History and Website Data. Does this help?
Failing that, we will need to look into this in more detail with some logs from inside your copy of Firefox for iOS:
- Launch Firefox.
- Open Settings.
- Scroll down to Version and tap it several times.
- Scroll down and hit "Debug: copy log files to app container". This triggers the logs to be saved into the Documents folder.
- Open the Files App on your iOS device and navigate to Fennec > Logs. You can see the different logs files here, which you can export using the share menu from Apple to a desktop computer.
- Open the file and replace any email address with XXXXXXXXX - and keep a copy of this report.
- Copy and past the full report into https://paste.mozilla.org/, setting the two options at the top to Plain Text and Expire in one week.
- Select Past Snippet on the right hand side, then copy and past the link into a reply to this thread.
I hope that this helps.