This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox freezes on iOS
I posted a review on the iOS market and received an email asking to post on this forum.
Firefox freezes several times an hour. It crashes every three hours. I installed the Adblock Pro extension (free version). Maybe it’s related but I have not noticed anything related to the extension. Safari doesn’t crash and uses the same extension.
The only point to use Firefox on iOS is the password manager and dark mode. Printing is inferior because it forces pagination.
All Replies (4)
Our team is aware of the crashing issues that many of our users experienced with Firefox 106. I wonder if you can help us to get more information about the crashes.
Could you please help us send your device log by following the steps:
- Launch Firefox.
- Open Settings.
- Scroll down to Version and tap it several times.
- Scroll down and hit "Debug: copy log files to app container". This triggers the logs to be saved into the Documents folder.
- Open the Files App on your iOS device and navigate to Firefox/Fennec > Logs. You will see the different logs files here, please choose the latest one and use the share menu from Apple to share the file to your computer.
- Open the file from your computer on a text editor and copy the log content.
- Go to support.mozilla.org from your computer and go to this thread.
- Select "Edit this question" from the sidebar.
- Paste your log under "Troubleshooting Information" section.
Let me know if you have any question about the steps above.
Hi Kiki, since there was no further information I followed Your advice and now want to post my log for the very same problem I have, but I guess "edit this question" is only for the author of the question? Where can I post my log? Thanks in advance
"edit this question" is only for the author of the question?
You need to open your own thread if you want to post your app log through SUMO.
If your problem has been solved, please mark any answer as the solution to let others know this thread is over. If your problem still persists, please tell so we can further assist you. Thank you!