This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
BOOKMARKS TOOLBAR IS BLANK. HAVE DONE EVERYTHING HELP DOCUMENTS INSTRUCTED. STILL NO BOOKMARKS.
The bookmarks toolbar isn't showing any bookmarks. I searched for help documents and did everything I was instructed to do but the icons are still not showing. If I attempt to right click the toolbar, it doesn't recognize and doesn't give me a pop up menu to choose from. I'm baffled.
All Replies (2)
Restore Bookmark Backups
Firefox automatically makes backups of the bookmarks. These are stored in the bookmarkbackups folder.
Open the Bookmarks Manager; Press the Alt or F10 key to bring up the toolbar, and select Bookmarks. Hot key is <Control> (Mac=<Command>) <Shift> B. Firefox 84+ <Control> (Mac=<Command>) <Shift> O.
Once the window is open, at the top of the page, press the button labeled Import and Backup. Select Restore. From the list, pick the file you want and click it.
The backups are stored in a jsonlz4 file named something like this; bookmarks-2016-06-29_1424_enD1GTH ya0JmicnYWg4V4g==.jsonlz4
In this example; 2016-06-29 = date created, 1424 = number of entries.
Make sure toolbars like the "Bookmarks Toolbar" are visible. Open the Customize window and set what toolbars (Show/Hide Toolbars) and toolbar items to display.
- Right-click empty toolbar area -> Customize
- "3-bar" menu button -> Customize
- View -> Toolbars
*you can tap the Alt key or press the F10 key to show the hidden Menu Bar temporarily
- check that "Bookmarks Toolbar Items" is on the Bookmarks Toolbar
- if "Bookmarks Toolbar Items" is not on the Bookmarks Toolbar then drag it back from the Customize palette to the Customize window to the Bookmarks Toolbar
- if missing items are in the Customize palette then drag them back from the Customize window to the toolbar
- if you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the Customize palette then click the Restore Defaults button in the Customize palette window to restore the default toolbar set.