This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Unable to recover user-data after firefox update
I am unable to restore my user-data (bookmarks, passwords, search suggestions, etc) after firefox update. I tried what is outlined in this article. But it didn't help. None of the profiles in "about:profiles" had my previous data. Can anyone please help me in recovering my data?
All Replies (2)
Sorry to hear about that. First, Firefox automatically creates backups of your bookmarks, which can be helpful if your bookmarks are lost or missing.
- Click the Bookmarks button (or Menu > Bookmarks) and select Show All Bookmarks.
- At the top of the Library window, click on Import and Backup and select Restore.
- Click the date of the bookmark backup you want to recover.
- In the new window that appears, click OK.
- Your bookmarks from the selected date should now be restored.
For more information, see the Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer article. For other solutions, see the Recover lost or missing Bookmarks article.
If the above doesn't work, it could be that a file got corrupted (namely the places.sqlite file). You can install the Places Maintenance extension to run maintenance on the file. Please read the following articles first as they provide helpful hints and instructions that may be relevant to you:
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Modified by Shashank Shekhar
Look on your desktop. Do you see a folder called; Old Firefox? Look inside. Look for the folder with the latest creation date.