Fresh Install Firefox 76.0.dmg results in "Profile Missing" Error and does not boot. OS10.11.6
MacbookPro OS 10.11.6
- About a week ago Firefox was running no problem.
- Closed Firefox (quit)
- Re-opened and got the Profile missing error.
- troubleshoot through existing threads on mozilla support. including renaming the profile.ini file, deleting it, moving it, etc.
- Used Appcleaner to wipe all known goodies of Firefox from my computer
- downloaded a fresh 76.0.dmg from the website
- Problem persists. Application does not load, "Profile missing" opens immediately
- No application support data in /Library/ application support/firefox exists
Chrome works and Safari works no problem.
Modified by HawkEye
All Replies (3)
Type about:profiles<enter> in the address bar. How many profiles are listed? How many should be there? Also, open the profile folder in your file explorer.
Type about:support in the address bar and press Enter. Under the main banner, press the button; Copy Text To Clipboard.. Now in the Reply Box on the forum page, do a right-click in the box and select Paste.
If the data is too big, do not worry. It's the top part we need to look at.
This will show us your system details. No Personal Information Is Collected.
The application doesn't run and as such i cannot type in the about:profiles or support.
In /Library//application support, nothing exists because i've whiped Firefox in an attempt to start fresh. but despite the 'clean' install I still get the profile missing error
Is there a manual way I can get you the data you need?
I called for more help