Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

autocompletion slows thunderbird

Chelmite

When I type an address into the To: line in Thunderbird Compose, the CPU usage goes WAY up and TB won't let me type. This happens after typing only a few characters the time it takes to display the characters I type goes to several seconds, making it really difficult to type and/or make corrections. After several 10s of seconds I can type again, but the character display is still measured in seconds, not 10ths of seconds!

When I type an address into the To: line in Thunderbird Compose, the CPU usage goes WAY up and TB won't let me type. This happens after typing only a few characters the time it takes to display the characters I type goes to several seconds, making it really difficult to type and/or make corrections. After several 10s of seconds I can type again, but the character display is still measured in seconds, not 10ths of seconds!

All Replies (1)

Does safe mode help?

Modified by Wayne Mery