merge/view sent inbox of each email account like single
I won't move continuously between sent and inbox folders to control all the messages, answers, forwards, etc... Is there a method/extension to merge or view these two folders like one? I won't use some solutions that move all the emails of these folders into another one because I want to eliminate inbox/sent from thunderbird's folder view.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.100 Safari/537.36
Options listed in no preferential order, but option 2 is really useful.
Option 1: Leave emails in current Inbox and Sent folders. Email in Inbox Message List. Right click on email and select 'Open message in conversation'. This will open a new tab and display all sent and received emails that are threaded to that email conversation.
Option 2: Leave emails in current Inbox and Sent folders, but create a virtual search folder that can display specific emails in a search folder.
Menu icon > Find > Search Messages Search for messages in : 'Inbox on mail account name' Then choose either:
- 'Match all of the following' if you only have one condition or need all the conditions to be true.
- 'Match any of the following' if you have more than one condition, but any of them could be true.
- 'From, To, Cc or Bcc' and 'contains' and an email address
- 'Subject' and 'contains' and type a suitable search term
- click on 'Search'
- Click on 'Save as Search Folder'
- Give search folder a suitable name.
- Create as subfolder of: Choose suitable folder or name of mail account.
- Select folders to search: - click on 'Choose' button
- Small window opens showing list of folders. The 'Inbox' checkbox will already be selected.
- Select - put a check in the 'Sent' folder.
- Click on 'OK'
- click on 'Create' button
A new 'search' folder will display in the list of folders.
You can now 'click on 'Clear' to clear all the search messages filter and proceed to repeat for any other search filter you wish to create.
Please note that these search folders do update themseleves to stay current and can be modified eg: to include extra folders.
Select the new search folder to see contents. You can then choose to sort them in threaded mode.
Option 3: I would not advise you to keep all sent and received emails in just the one Inbox as it is too risky. Emails are received and written to an mbox file called Inbox. That is a file - a single text document - not a folder. If corruption occurs within this single text file which is continuously receiving and deleting and updating, then you may lose emails.
It would be more advisable to create folders and filter emails to organise them. Then the conversations would be easier to follow.
Having said that, if you think the risk is low and you have regular backups then it is up to you.
Set up the option to place sent replies in the same folder of the message being replied to........
- Right click on mail account in Folder Pane and select 'Settings'
- select: 'Copies & Folders'
- Select checkbox : 'Place replies in the folder of the message being replied to'
- click on 'OK'
Then use the 'Correspondents' column header and threaded view.
Thanks, I like the first option. Not what I looked for but close enough.
You could try the conversations add-on..it gives google style to the reading of email.