This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
my browser is crashing
My firefox browser is intermittently crashing. I will step away from my desk and come back to a crashed browser.
- MacBook Pro purchased in Dec 2018
- LG monitory LG27UK850
- Using duck-duck-go for search
- firefox updated - 67.0 64 bit
- flash updated - 188.8.131.52
- Max OS updated - 10.14.5
- completed Refresh Firefox
- did memory test on macbook pro through holding down "D" key while restarting - "No Issues Found, ADP000"
- all above checks and updates done after a prior crash, and then it crashed again
- bp-6ec4ea83-017d-4df4-88fe-c47c50190527 is most recent crash report from today
- I'm now testing in firefox browser safe mode, but don't have much time on this yet
Any additional clues on next steps would help. Not sure what to try next.
All Replies (6)
bp-6ec4ea83-017d-4df4-88fe-c47c50190527 Signature: CVCGDisplayLink::getDisplayTimes
Crash Reason EXC_BAD_ACCESS / KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS
1513257 RESOLVED DUPLICATE Crash in CVCGDisplayLink::getDisplayTimes (Thunderbird) DUPLICATE of bug 1201401
1201401 NEW --- crash in CVCGDisplayLink::getDisplayTimes Mac coming out of sleep (waking) with external monitor
Are you using an external monitor?
Thank you. Yes, I am using an external monitor per my original post - LG27UK850. Are you thinking that could be the problem? Appreciate your help.
Is there a way for me to connect or configure differently to an my external monitor to avoid crashing?
This is outside my area. Can you move Firefox to your primary monitor?