email prints out HUGE font size. Fix?
Why does this happen? How to stop? Computer is OSX El Capitan.
My workaround is to specify a "Scale %" print size. Except that printing from TB does not have a "print preview" that would allow me to see the page. So I have to guess at a "Scale %" reduction, print to PDF, open the PDF, and keep trying until its reasonably sized.
Very very annoying that WYSIWYG on screen no longer exists...
Other workaround is to copy & "paste and match style" into TextEdit and change the font size. But TB does not allow me to copy the headers & body in one action, so more steps involved. And the format of the body can get munged up.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.11; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
re :Except that printing from TB does not have a "print preview" that would allow me to see the page.
There should be the option to choose 'Print Preview' in various ways.
- Right click on email in Thread Pane list and select 'Print Preview' in drop down menu.
- Select email so it shows in lower 'Message Pane'
- right click on opened email in Message Pane and select 'Print Preview' in drop down menu
- via 'Mail toolbar' - 'Menu icon' > 'Print' > 'Print Preview'
- via the 'Menu Bar' - File > Print Preview
No, in OSX you get "page setup" and "print" but neither has the usual thumbnail image of the page to be printed. TB is not utilizing the standard Apple print interface.
OK. I've done some digging around to find out what is going on.
I located some bugs reported which maybe of interest.
In first bug report 1424447, comment 12 mentions an addon extension that can add a 'Print Preview' and may resolve your issue. It's worth a try.
Hmmm, that's a package of over 100 buttons to do things in various Mozilla apps. Can download individually too...
Print Preview for TB: https://codefisher.org/toolbar_button/button/print-preview/
that might work.