Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Change between languages

ruud.uphoff

Hi,

Installed was Thunderbird 60.3.1 but I had to delete this and re-install version 52.5 because an extremely important function does not work in the new version: I MUST be able to switch between GUI languages.

The problem: general.useragent.locale is ignored.

I like the new version, but for now I can't use it. Is there a way to get around this? Installing other versions or other profiles is unacceptable. I mus be able to switch quickly betweeb gui languages.

Hi, Installed was Thunderbird 60.3.1 but I had to delete this and re-install version 52.5 because an extremely important function does not work in the new version: I MUST be able to switch between GUI languages. The problem: general.useragent.locale is ignored. I like the new version, but for now I can't use it. Is there a way to get around this? Installing other versions or other profiles is unacceptable. I mus be able to switch quickly betweeb gui languages.

All Replies (1)

This works for any language pack. Thanks