Firefox doesn't play sound in Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS after disconnection of HDMI.
System: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS Firefox Quantum 62.0 (64 bity)
PC was connected to the TV via HDMI. After disconnection Firefox stopped playing sound. Before connecting it was working perfectly.
Other browser and apps are working fine.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/68.0.3440.106 Safari/537.36 OPR/55.0.2994.44
- https://support.google.com/youtube/topic/3014746 - Youtube
- https://www.youtube.com/html5/ - Can you support HTML5
In Firefox Safe mode these changes are effective:
- all extensions are disabled (about:addons)
- default theme is used (no persona)
- userChrome.css and userContent.css are ignored (chrome folder)
- default toolbar layout is used (file: localstore-safe.rdf)
- hardware acceleration is disabled (Options > Performance > Uncheck to view)
- plugins are not affected
- preferences are not affected
TEST''''is issue still there ?
System: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS Firefox Quantum 62.0 (64 bity) PC was connected to the TV via HDMI. After disconnection Firefox stopped playing sound. Before connecting it was working perfectly. Other browser and apps are working fine.
Was Firefox still running when you disconnected HDMI connection? if so is sound fine after restarting Firefox?
Did you make sure sound for Firefox was not muted?
@James Firefox was still running when HDMI was disconnected. After: restart, reboot, reinstall it's still not working. Of course sound is not muted :) I've tried on several services as YouTube, Netflix etc. Video is working fine but not audio.
@Pkshadow Firefox is supporting HTML5 and all other stuff. Nothing helps.
As I said it was working for some time. Then I want to watch netflix on TV and it happened.