web pages keep getting transfered to Google. Why is this?
When I open some web pages I get automatically transferred to Google. This just started after Firefox updated.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 28.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:61.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/61.0
Separate Security Issue, please update your Flash 28.0 r0 by removing it with this tool : https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html If you use it Reinstall with Flash Player Version: 18.104.22.168 Current Version https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ Step 1: Select Operating System Step 2: Select A Version (Firefox, . . . .) Note: Other software is offered in the download. <Windows Only>
Would you care to expand on the some web pages. What ones ?
Please scan : https://www.malwarebytes.com/
When I open some web pages I get automatically transferred to Google.
(1) What method are you using to open those pages? For example:
- click a link to the page in another page (a non-Google page)
- click a bookmark to the page
- type or paste the page's address into the address bar and load it that way
(2) What Google page is it? For example, search results related to the page you were requesting?
I have tried to click a link to the page in another page as well as paste the address, with the same result. The page i get passed to is the search page, https://www.google.com/. The problem seems to be with the linking. I thank you for your help, but I will just avoid the links.
Okay, if you have a workaround, that's good.
If you want to share a link to a page where a support volunteer might be able to replicate the problem by clicking particular links, you could do that. Possibly there's an issue with the site and not just your Firefox.