Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

Multirow Bookmarks Toolbar for Firefox Quantum?

Jawzaa

Hello folks, I just updated to Quantum - which I'm loving - but unfortunately the multi--row bookmarks extension/add on is no longer working? Any solutions? Please don't say there's no other version available that will work.

Hello folks, I just updated to Quantum - which I'm loving - but unfortunately the multi--row bookmarks extension/add on is no longer working? Any solutions? Please don't say there's no other version available that will work.
Read this answer in context

Chosen Solution

Checkout this solution on Reddit. I tested it and it works.

Modified by demahum

All Replies (7)

Hi HighTime7898

  1. I searched but could not find a direct replacement for MultiRow Bookmarks Toolbar.
  2. Maybe something like https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/speed-dial-lite/ might help a wee bit?
  3. Or something like https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fvd-speed-dial/ ?
  4. I found the above stuff from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/extensions/bookmarks/

Cheers!

...Roland

Mozilla should have known this by now before releasing this 57 mess, truly.

Many of the most used, extensively popular addons, gone and the suggested alternatives don't even compare, so sad, very disappointed in Mozilla with this update.

Maybe the devs for:

Tab Mix Plus Roomy Bookmarks FoxClocks Paste Email (original) and others as well....

will code their extensions for the Brave browser, as FF with all their constant changes that keep breaking everything has got to go - so disappointed, really.

See also:

  • /questions/1182283 what is the supported way for multirow bookmarks in version Firefox 56+

Chosen Solution

Checkout this solution on Reddit. I tested it and it works.

Modified by demahum

demahum said

Checkout this solution on Reddit. I tested it and it works.

Wow, amazing, it worked. Thank you!

So, to get what used to work with a simple install of a very useful addon, one now has to become a coder with this new version of Firefarce? Why should users have to know not only how to code, but where to place and what to do with this code in the links shared here to have things work and setup the way THEY need it to be, and was? Every single user we have come across that had 'accidentally' updated to 57 cannot stand it, some now use an alternative browser, or have done a version recoil back to 56 as it was way more user friendly. The 57 setup is awful, seriously.

Hi FF_Help_user, designers/developers are working on expanding the ability of extensions to modify the toolbar area, but the shape and timing of that are still unclear.

Until then, you have the powerful workaround of userChrome.css. Yes, creating a folder and downloading a file, copying and pasting, is more work than click-click-clicking. I get that. I can't fix that. This is support and we work with the Firefox we have today.

You can give further feedback here: