Firefox 56.02 keeps iMac with Mavericks OS 10.9.5 from sleeping. Why?
When Firefox 56.02 is open, my iMac running Mavericks OS 10.9.5 will not automatically go into a sleep mode. When Firefox 56.02 is closed, the computer automatically sleeps when it is supposed to. Why is this happening? How do I fix the problem?
Additional System Details
- Version 22.214.171.124
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 27.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0
You can try to modify multi-process settings to see if this has effect.
- set dom.ipc.processCount to 1 if it is currently set to a higher value (4)
- disable multi-process windows in Firefox
You can disable multi-process windows in Firefox by setting these prefs to false on the about:config page.
- browser.tabs.remote.autostart = false
- browser.tabs.remote.autostart.2 = false
You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. You can accept the warning and click "I accept the risk!" to continue.