This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox 56.0.2 Usernames and passwords are not saved anymore?
Usernames and passwords are not saved after last upgrade
All Replies (1)
Is the Password Manager enabled?
- Options/Preferences -> Privacy & Security: Logins: "Remember logins for sites"
Make sure you do not run Firefox in permanent Private Browsing mode (Always use Private Browsing mode; Never Remember History).
- Options/Preferences -> Privacy -> Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"
- remove checkmark: [ ] "Always use Private Browsing mode"
A detail like a website remembering you (log you in automatically) is stored in a cookie.
You can use these steps to make a website recognize and remember you:
- you can create an "Allow" exception to keep specific cookies, especially in case of secure websites and when cookies expire when Firefox is closed.
- Options/Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Cached Web Content: "Clear Now": Exceptions
If you remove the cookies from a website then the website will forget about you.
Modified by cor-el