Since yesterday 31 July app crashes on all my iphones and ipads
When I open the app all seems fine. However when I want to connect to a site the app closes. Have tried reinstalling app. Problem persists.
Hi Noah I could not find a crash report relating to Firefox on any of the units. I have reinstalled Firefox on all iPhones and iPads. 5 in total. All works fine now. Version is 8.1. No idea why the crash and no idea why it works now. Thanks for your help. Kind Regards MichaelRead this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 26.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.11; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0
Some problems occur when your Internet security program was set to trust the previous version of Firefox, but no longer recognizes your updated version as trusted. Now how to fix the problem: To allow Firefox to connect to the Internet again;
- Make sure your Internet security software is up-to-date (i.e. you are running the latest version).
- Remove Firefox from your program's list of trusted or recognized programs. For detailed instructions, see
See if you have any crash reports.
In the address bar, type about:crashes<enter>. Note: If any reports do not have BP- in front of the numbers/letters, click it to submit them.
The crash report is several pages of data. We need the report numbers to see the whole report.
Using your mouse, mark the most recent 7 - 10 crash reports, and copy them. Press the Reply button. Now go to the reply box and paste them in.
For more help on crash reports, see; https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-crashes-asking-support
Some of your crash reports weren’t sent to the Mozilla Servers.
Thank you for your answer. This however is not relevant. Firefox works fine on all my computers. It is the Firefox app for Iphone and Ipad that stopped working yesterday.
Hey achilles, sorry for that mixup!
I was wondering do you know which version of Firefox for iOS you have? We just released a new version of 8.1 on exactly July 31, which was supposed to address this & fix those crashes. And it seems to have fixed it for the people I've talked to so far.
Just curious, what iOS version is on your iPhones & iPad? It shouldn't really matter but am just being thorough. If you have a lot of each device, just give me the 1st 2 or 3 versions for each device.
I think we can collect the crash data from your iPhone to share with the developers. Should help them pinpoint the cause.
To retrieve the crash reports generated on your iPhone:
- Start by opening up the Settings app.
- For iOS 10.3 or later:
- Navigate to General > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data
- For iOS 10 thru 10.2:
- Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics & Usage > Diagnostic & Usage Data
- Select a Firefox crash from the list. This will start with "Firefox" and contain the timestamp of the crash.
- Tap on the crash and you will see a text field with a crash log. Long press to Select All and then Copy the crash text.
- Paste it in this thread. If it's too long, try using Pastebin then copy the url you get for the Pastebin you saved & share it here.
Modified by Noah_SUMO
Hi Noah I could not find a crash report relating to Firefox on any of the units. I have reinstalled Firefox on all iPhones and iPads. 5 in total. All works fine now. Version is 8.1. No idea why the crash and no idea why it works now. Thanks for your help. Kind Regards Michael
Modified by achilles54
Never post any personal information because an adware robot could find it, and start sending you all kinds of spam. This includes e-mail, phone, and home information.
Please remove that information from your post.
You're welcome Michael! I'm glad uninstalling & reinstalling Firefox on all your affected devices fixed it. I believe the 8.1 update had the necessary fixes to resolve your crashes as other people were experiencing the same issue as you. Thanks for reporting back & letting us know everything is ok now! Much appreciated!