Private Browsing in Firefox for iOS
Firefox's Private Browsing lets you browse the Web on your iPhone or iPad without saving your history. Open as many Private Tabs as you'd like, and switch between Private and regular browsing easily.
Table of Contents
About Private Browsing
Private Browsing does not save history, cookies, passwords, site preferences, or temporary Internet files. It does keep bookmarks you've saved while in Private Browsing.
Use Private Browsing
To use Private Browsing, simply open a Private Tab by following these steps:
Tap the tab icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the mask button at the top of the screen to switch to Private Browsing. The mask will turn purple when you've entered Private Browsing.
- Tap the new tab button to open a Private Tab.
View open Private Tabs
To view a list of your open Private Tabs:
- Tap the tab list button on the upper-right corner of your screen.
- You'll see a list open Private Tabs.
- Tap a tab to view the page, or tap the x to close the tab. Tabs will remain open until you tap x to close them.
Exit Private Browsing
To switch to regular browsing, tap the purple mask until it turns white.