My pc keeps slowing down and stopping. I keep getting a pop-up from Microsoft to install Active X. Is this something I should do?
I also have trouble viewing videos on You-Tube, they keep pausing to load in.
- I did upgrade to Fire-Fox 50.00 and the problem seems to be worse.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.8
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Shockwave Flash 24.0 r0
- Npdsplay dll
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.0; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
I notice that you are using Windows 2000. This is regarded as an older operating system that may not be getting important security and stability fixes from its manufacturer, Microsoft.
I strongly recommend investigating a move to a more recent operating system such as Windows 10 or a Linux distribution such as Ubuntu.
Active X is part of Windows, not something that can be installed. See a Windows support forum for help with that issue.
As far as Windows 2000, right-click the Firefox desktop shortcut and open Properties. Then open the Compatibility tab - uncheck the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:
That compatibility mode can cause all sorts of problems in Firefox.