This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I can not control and delete smart bookmarks on mac.
I can not find any solutions on this support site.
I think it is totaly unacceptable that you can not control this yourselve. absurd.
If this is not fixed soon I have to say goodbye to firefox I'm not a programmer. Anybody have a clear and simple solution?
All Replies (1)
Some information about so called smart bookmarks folders:
- "Most Visited" and "Recently Bookmarked" and "Recent Tags" are examples of so called Smart Bookmarks folders and are not real existing folders.
- Smart folders show a list created by a query of the places.sqlite database that stores bookmarks and history in Firefox.
- Smart folder lists show a maximum of 10 entries by default.
- Bookmarks and history items that show up in a smart folder list are stored elsewhere in another folder and any changes made are applied to the real bookmark or history item.
- If you remove an entry then the list is shifted up and a new entry that wasn't shown previously is added to show 10 entries.
- If you add a new bookmark or visit a website then a new item is added at the top and the entry at the bottom disappears from that list.
- Items that disappear from the list are not gone, but merely do not show up anymore in that list.
- Actions like copy & paste or delete that you perform on bookmarks in such a list are done on the original bookmark.
- If you do not want a specific list then remove that query (right-click: Delete), but do not delete the content that is displayed in such a list.