This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
restore "most visited" tab
i inadvertently lost 'most visited' tab. i want to restore. pls help
All Replies (4)
Hi kithekbm, could you describe this a little more specifically? For example, do you mean:
- A blue search folder on the Bookmarks Menu or Bookmarks Toolbar that listed ten sites?
- A triangle icon that appears when you hover your mouse over the address bar to drop down a list of ten sites?
- Something else?
Underneath the 'awesome bar' I used to have a button saying 'most visited'. A click on this produced a list of most visited sites. As I use three or four sites a lot this was very useful!
Hi Kangalarue, could you check:
(1) Is the Bookmarks Toolbar still displayed?
To turn different bars on and off, you can use one of these methods to show the toolbar list and select the desired bars there:
- right-click a blank spot on the tab bar (or the "+" button)
- tap the Alt key to activate the classic menu bar > View > Toolbars
- in Customize mode > Show/Hide Toolbars (see: Customize Firefox controls, buttons and toolbars)
To turn on the Bookmarks Toolbar, Menu Bar, or other bars, click it on the list.
(2) Did the "smart folder" move into a different folder on the Bookmarks Toolbar?
There's no magic trick for this, you just have to look at the places it might have accidentally been "dropped" through drag-and-drop.
If it doesn't turn up after trying the above, there is an article about how to regenerate the folder: Restore the default Smart Bookmarks Folders. Does that help?
One other thing, when you hover you mouse pointer over the address bar, you should see a downward-pointing triangle toward the right end of it. This display a similar "frequently visited" list, but it might not be identical, I never compared them.
I thought I had the Bookmarks Toolbar displayed, and a tick on 'view Bookmarks Toolbar' changed nothing except it made the toolbar a bit deeper—and 'Most Visited' reappeared. So many thanks!
Modified by Kangalarue