how to show video on comedy central website - it's audio only.
i have firefox latest update, adobe shockwave latest, I've checked everything. I have a 64-bit windows 7 pro OS on a laptop. Comedy central videos just went to audio only last week. they have no contact I can get a response from. they always just tell me to switch the browser anyway. Does this problem originate in frefox? I have disabled the plugin adblocker plus so it can't be that. I can delete it entirely if you think it's doing something.
hi bernieb1, please try the following: enter about:config into the firefox address bar (confirm the info message in case it shows up) & search for the preference named dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled. double-click it and change its value to false.Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.20.20039
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Google Update
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.111.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 23.0 r0
- Website Logon Plugin
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
Can you provide a public link we can check out?
What type of player? Flash, HTML5 . . . . . Right-click on the player.
http://www.cc.com/full-episodes/zi1v0u/south-park-douche-and-a-danish-season-20-ep-2005 here's one episode I was trying to view - it's audio only on my computer. Worked fine a week ago.
why right-click on the player? No ID is shown. It's shockwave - adobe flash player (not my choice, it's theirs). I have the latest version for my laptop.
I checked the link. My download managers show nothing there. I used Win IE and the clip played fine.
I've called for more help.
I turned off my flash block and the clip played. Are you using any blocking programs/add-ons?
hi bernieb1, please try the following: enter about:config into the firefox address bar (confirm the info message in case it shows up) & search for the preference named dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled. double-click it and change its value to false.
If nothing else works, see if this will: Disable the VLC media Web Player plugin (set VLC to 'never activate') and exit/restart Firefox.