Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

how do I access the security.mixed_content.block_active_content menu?

Heavy Metal (Northeast Notorious)

I want to enable mixed content for a short time but can't find the "about" menu listed in support article.

I want to enable mixed content for a short time but can't find the "about" menu listed in support article.

All Replies (2)

Chosen Solution

You want to access the about:config preferences editor? You type or paste about:config into the address bar and click/tap the button to load an internal page.

What kind of site are you using that requires enabling mixed active content? Hopefully it does not involve any sensitive information, since that is a scenario allowing easy theft of any information you send to, retrieve from, or store on the site.

Thanks for the help. I'm careful on all sites so I should be okay.