Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

How can I save my address book. The file it writes contains 0 bytes and is .ldif format.

Robert_H

In Thunderbird v38.7.1 running on Win7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit, while viewing my Address Book, I select ALL ADDRESS BOOKS and then click TOOLS and EXPORT to produce a .ldif file with 0 bytes. When I save it as .CSV or .TAB/.TXT then I get the headings for the fields in the address book but no records. What I am I doing wrong? This worked a year or more ago with earlier versions on this PC.

In Thunderbird v38.7.1 running on Win7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit, while viewing my Address Book, I select ALL ADDRESS BOOKS and then click TOOLS and EXPORT to produce a .ldif file with 0 bytes. When I save it as .CSV or .TAB/.TXT then I get the headings for the fields in the address book but no records. What I am I doing wrong? This worked a year or more ago with earlier versions on this PC.

All Replies (2)

Chosen Solution

Select an address book. All books is not really a book.

Thanks, Airmail. Now can you get the previous answers to this question corrected so that it doesn't say

CLICK ON ALL ADDRESS BOOKS

The page is at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1087571

Your reply to CLICK ON AN ADDRESS is correct. Thanks for the help, I'll credit your answer as correct.