Peer's Certificate has been revoked error with firefox
My website is showing this error
"Secure Connection Failed An error occurred during a connection to paperbear.ie. Peer's Certificate has been revoked. (Error code: sec_error_revoked_certificate)
My SSL is secure. I've checked it at: sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#hostname=paperbear.ie and there are no problems with it. I've talked to my host hostgator and they told they had solution.
Does anyone know what I can do? My website has been like this for 2 days now and I've been losing customers. It does work with other browsers though.
Thanks in advance,
yes, nothing particular with the site itself - at the moment it seams to load fine again btw :-)Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.12
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Google Update
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Shockwave Flash 20.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.206
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.0
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0
hi aaron, https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=paperbear.ie is showing issues for your site as well. firefox uses ocsp for checking the validity of a certificate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_Certificate_Status_Protocol by default, and this is where your site is failing. you'd have to get in contact with your host and/or comodo, your certificate's issuer to inquire what is going wrong here in detail...
Thanks so much Philipp. So do you think its just a SSL issue and nothing to do with the website itself?
yes, nothing particular with the site itself - at the moment it seams to load fine again btw :-)
but do you see the padlock symbol with the i beside it? It means firefox is blocking certain elements of the website. This could be a bit of problem.
Actually i think its the mixed content that is the issue. Thanks again.
You can see a special padlock at the left end of the location/address bar.
- a padlock with a strike through means that mixed active content is blocked.
- a padlock with an exclamation mark attached means that mixed passive content (e.g. images) is present, but not blocked.
The shield icon, previously used for mixed active content, is now used for Tracking Protection.
You can check in the Web Console ("3-bar" menu button or Tools > Web Developer) what content this is about.