firefox wont restore bookmarks or save settings
My startup disk was over capacity so I force quit out of all of my running applications and shut down my computer. When I started it back up I emptied some files to make a bit of room. WHen I then opened FIrefox, a blank window opened with no bookmarks, toolbar and my homepage did not open. I checked preferences, and the homepage info is there, but for some reason I cannot get the homepage to open upon starting Firefox, or any of my bookmarks. I tried restoring bookmarks from backups, but I get an error message that says that FIrefox can't not open the files.
Additional System Details
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- View PDF documents within your web browser.
- Picasa plugin.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 20.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
First, you should always keep an eye on your hard drive usage. Keep around 10% free for the computer to use.
Also, get an external hard drive for files you want to keep permanently (music, movies, whatever else).
It sounds like your profile was corupted. I suggest creating a new profile, and redo everything. But clear out the disk space first thing.
Modified by FredMcD