This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Can I filter out forwarded messages originated from a specific address?
Sometimes I receive forwarded messages with all the forwarding history that have been originated (or forwarded) by a specific person (name or email address). How can I filter out those messages if I want to see no messages from that person? Thank you
All Replies (1)
You cannot stop the server from receiving the emails, but you can filter them automatically to the 'Deleted' / 'Trash' folder.
'Tools' > 'Message Filters' or 'Menu icon' > 'Message filters'
- Filters for: select the mail account
- click on 'New'
- Give filter a suitable name.
- Select: 'Manually Run'
- Select' 'Getting new mail'
- Select 'Filter before Junk controls'
- Select: 'Match all of the following'
- Select :'FROM' and 'Contains' and type the email address of person
Perform these actions: choose one of these
- Select: 'Move message to' and choose the account folder
- Select 'Delete Message'
- click on 'OK'
- Then make sure the filter is enabled.
all new emails from that email address should be filtered from now onwards.
If you currently have some of those emails in your Inbox - already downloaded, you can manually run the filter on the Inbox,
- Make sure only that filter is enabled.
- 'run selected filters on' choose Inbox for that account
- click on 'run now' button.
It should locate those emails from that email address and delete them.