Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Why does Firefox block www.google.com?

  • 6 replies
  • 43 have this problem
  • 362 views
  • Last reply by user1290864

more options

Why does Firefox block www.google.com?

All Replies (6)

more options
more options

In what way is Firefox blocking Google?

Is that with a secure connection?

Can you attach a screenshot?

  • Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot
  • Make sure that you do not exceed the maximum size of 1 MB

There is security software like Avast and Kaspersky and BitDefender that intercept secure connections and send their own certificate.

If you have Avast then try to disable HTTPS scanning in Avast Web Shield.

more options

See attached.

more options

I get that when my antivirus acts up. Check the technical details and see what it says about the certificate.

more options

If you can't inspect the certificate via "I Understand the Risks" then try this:

Open the "Add Security Exception" window by pasting this chrome URL in the Firefox location/address bar and check the certificate:

  • chrome://pippki/content/exceptionDialog.xul

In the location field of this window type or paste the URL of the website.

  • retrieve the certificate via the "Get certificate" button
  • click the "View..." button to inspect the certificate in the Certificate Viewer

You can inspect details like the issuer and the certificate chain in the Details tab of the Certificate Viewer. Check who is the issuer of the certificate. If necessary then you can attach a screenshot that shows the certificate viewer.

more options

I recently had this same issue. I scoured the Mozilla forums for advice and I tried everything to fix it and nothing seemed to work. What worked, in my particular case, was when I decided to retrace my steps to what I may have installed prior to the problem surfacing. What I was able to figure out was that I had installed AdDefender to help with pop ups. It didn't cause any issues at first but then after about a week is when the blocking of websites started (Google, Google mail, Microsoft, etc). It only happened in Firefox for some reason, I was able to use Google Chrome and IE both without trouble. I uninstalled AdDefender and instantly Firefox was back to normal.