I need to connect to my new bank, but it says that I need 128 bit encryption. I'm using Foxfire as my browser and a MacBook Pro with OS X operating system. How?
I opened an account at Saudi Arabian British Bank and when I attempt to set up on-line banking, I get the message that my system does not support 128 bit encryption. I'm using Mozilla Foxfire on a MacBook Pro with OS X Version 10.8.5. I can access my US bank, credit cards and other secure sites, but not SABB? How can I fix this without installing Netscape or Internet Explorer?
Additional System Details
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.11
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0
hi, could you specify what kind of error you're seeing when trying to access the site or what it does say exactly about the requirements? (because "128 bit encryption" is too vague and doesn't reflect a common technical standard in that field)
Any website page that has a hyperlink to Netscape is using some real old coding. The Netscape browser was dead 10 -plus years ago.