Unwanted shortcut automatically appearing on desktop
Last week, a shortcut to a website that I have bookmarked has started appearing on my desktop each time I turn on my computer. (In case it's relevant, it is a bookmark for the website of payroll company ADP.) I keep deleting it, and it keeps coming back. I've searched the internet for others having similar problems, but I haven't been able to find instances of it happening to anyone else. I'm stumped. Help?
Additional System Details
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0
This happens when you boot the computer? Is Firefox opened during the boot-up?
Access your computer Start-up folder. What is listed here? (Windows > All Programs > Startup)
You may have ad / mal-ware. Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.